Monday, November 30, 2015

Anomalisa & Moi

.
I made it! I did it, you guys! I'm seeing Charlie Kaufman's new movie the stop-motion animated Anomalisa tonight, thanks to the fine folks at MoMA, and I have managed to make it this far without having watched the trailer or read any reviews - I know right next door to nothing about it! I do know that a bunch of people have gone nutso hyperbolic about it on Twitter, calling it the greatest thing to ever have thinged, and I do know that a bunch of people have reacted in return with, "Meh, really?"'s... but then, that's Twitter, and awards season in general. (I mean if I get around to writing a my own review of The Danish Girl later today you're gonna hear a "MEH REALLY" that will blow your socks right off, so I understand these impulses.)
.

.
But then I also know that Charlie Kaufman's last film Synechdoche New York is my favorite movie of the past 20 years, give or take, so my expectations for this one are brutal, and I'm just trying to keep myself sane here. Add on top the fact that Kaufman is actually supposed to be at the screening at MoMA tonight and I am a big ball of spazz today. Don't mind me! Anyway that video just above is a behind-the-scenes featurette on Anomalisa; I haven't watched it yet, which you should know if you read anything I literally just wrote. But you should watch it if you wanna, or whatever.
.

1 comment:

olins said...

I have seen the trailer twice. It sounds great if I close my eyes. I can not stand to look at it.