Thursday, July 30, 2015

Radioheads Are Forever, Forever, Forever

.
Did you know that Daniel Craig -- seen here in leather driving gloves on the set of the new Bond film Spectre and giving me all sorts of filthy fantasies in the process -- interviewed Thom Yorke for Interview Magazine a couple of years ago? I don't know what their connection is (besides being two of my favorite people of ever) but I probably linked to it at the time. Anyway that's what sprung to mind this morning as I read the news that just before the betting closed on who'd be singing the new and always ballyhooed Bond Theme Song a massive bet was laid down by an anonymous person that Radiohead would grab the honors. Radiohead singing a Bond theme song! My brain would break! 

The funny thing is I was just having a conversation with the boyfriend over the weekend about Bond Theme Songs; as we drove through the mountains of Pennsylvania we were listening to the Greatest Hits of one Dame Shirley Bassey (don't you judge) and I stated that Mendes should pay her whatever she wanted and get her back. Of course I take all of that back if Radiohead is doing it. Fuck Shirley Bassey! (I love you, Shirley Bassey.)


3 comments:

Sean said...

Yes, my pal in Chicago and I were just talking about this last night! We both say bring back Shirley or Sir Tom Jones for the win. Both of them still have the pipes. Ever since Daniel came on board the songs have been fairly lackluster for me, other than Adele's song. Let Deborah Harry or Grace Jones do one for that matter. Pick someone with some "balls".

Anonymous said...

I heard Sam Smith will take care of the song, horrible horrible....

amola-tesouras said...

Radiohead!!! Yes, please. The last rumour I heard was that Sam Smith had denied he was singing it, and that Ellie Goulding was now the "hot" bet. Nothing against the girl, but she's just sooo bland and the radio played that damned song from the 50 Shades soundtrack so many times it nearly made my ears bleed.