Thursday, March 26, 2015

More Like Fast West

.
One thing I didn't mentioned when I posted the trailer for Slow West (aka The Michael Fassbender In Longjohns Movie) earlier this week was the film's release date and if I'd realized it was so soon you'd better believe I'd have mentioned it. The movie is being released on DirecTV in just three weeks! It'll hit that service on April 16th. And then it will hit theaters and other on-demand services a month later on May 15th. It's actually hitting DirecTV two days before I'm seeing it at the Tribeca Film Festival!

Another thing I didn't mention when I posted on the trailer -- I mean, can I really be blamed for getting distracted when they're showing me Michael Fassbender in longjohns? I mean really? -- is how astonishingly pretty the trailer is, and how much I'd be looking forward to this even without that bulging kicker.

Seeing it via DirecTV almost feels like a crime - I think this thing's going to wow on a big screen. It's reminding me of Jauja, the Viggo movie I just brought up this morning, in that way. And they both remind me of Kelly Reichardt's film Meek's Cutoff. I suppose it's the boxy framing of all three that is doing it, but man this is good company for movies to be in.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

My guess is that A24 is bringing out this one fairly quickly because they also have distribution rights to Trespass Against Us (might premiere at one the Cannes sidebars-Director's Fortnight?). Can't have too much Fassbender too quickly.

Mendelsohn's coat is hilarious.