Tuesday, January 27, 2015

I Am Link

.
--- On All Fours - I assume everyone who's wanted to watch the Fantastic Four trailer by now has watched it, but here you go, you can watch it at this link if you wanna. It's not half bad? I still don't get how they're going to make the Four have the family vibe that sets them apart in the comics, the trailer does nothing as far as that's concerned, but there are some nice notes & visuals played up in there. Also apparently Phillip Glass is doing the score (???) and director Josh Trank is name-dropping Cronenberg as his main influence, so, you know, I'm listening.

--- 44 Actors - Lots of trailers today: our first look for Tom Hardy and Gary Oldman's Child 44 is out too, watch it here. This supposedly co-stars Joel Kinnaman (and his hot haircut) but I don't think I spotted him once in there; there was a flash of Vincent Cassel though! I always like it when Vincent Cassel flashes me. Also I made this gif of Jason Clarke, who yes is also in the cast, and for some reason it keeps making me chuckle - he always seems so dirty and frantic in everything....

--- To Be Teenage - My friend who's in Sundance - the same one who sent me that picture of Mike White wandering around  that I tweeted the other day - told me I am going to love absolutely love the Alexander Skarsgard & Kristen Wiig movie The Diary of a Teenage Girl and now I'm hella excited; today this review from Michael at TFE sealed the deal. Sidenote: I've always meant to read Phoebe Gluckner's book on which the film's based; have any of you read it?

--- And Speaking of Sundance, here's a chat with director Robert Eggers, whose horror film The Witch is apparently awesome and sounds right up my alley. I know, I know, the words "horror film" automatically qualifies as "up my alley," but it's more than that. It sounds classy. Y'all know I loves me some classy shit.

--- Sing Queen - The "cute boy" quotient on a an Murphy show just shot up, shocker - Nick Jonas has joined the cast of Scream Queens, that college-set slasher anthology series he's making starring Jamie Lee Curtis and Emma Roberts. I imagine Nick will still find time in his busy pants-dropping schedule (Clueless, holla) for his MMA show Kingdom though, right?

--- Twist & Shout - If you'd have told me that today would bring me the word-salad that is "a steampunk adventure sequel to Oliver Twist" I'd probably have believed you and shrugged, because these are the end times. But if you'd have told me I'd actually have cared because it was Edgar Wright writing the thing, well, yeah, I'd have believed that too. It sounds like something that'd tickle his ridiculous fancy.
.

1 comment:

Bill Carter said...

Re: Child 44.

The Boris and Natasha accents are really irritating.

And the hero trusts Charles Dance??? Even if it is set in 1952, hasn't he ever seen what happens to people who trust Charles Dance in movies?