Thursday, September 18, 2014

Straight Men Can't Make Movies

.
I was going to (jokingly, don't get your Joe Boxers in a knot, straight dudes) say that gentlemen of the heterosexual persuasion shouldn't be allowed to make movies anymore since time and again they take an opportunity like "Jon Hamm in a baseball movie" and squander it - I just fast-forwarded through The Million Dollar Arm and nowhere, not once, does Jon Hamm walk around in a jockstrap. WTF?

This very nice-to-look at Brett Zimmerman chap 
does show up for a second - that was acceptable.

But otherwise get me the gong! Anyway I was going to make some smart-ass comment about straight guys not being allowed to make movies anymore until they figure this shit out but I actually have no idea if Million Dollar Arm director Craig Gillespie is straight - he has no real biographical information that I can find online. 

(I hope you don't mind me continuing to illustrate this post with shirtless pictures of Mr. Zimmerman.) Strangely though I'd just mentioned Gillespie yesterday when I posted about the Coast Guard movie Chris Pine and Ben Foster are making; he is directing that. Gillespie is also known for Lars and the Real Girl, the Fright Night remake (which ogled its boys more than its girls), and he also directed a bunch of episodes of The United States of Tara. And according to Wikipedia he was supposed to make Dallas Buyers Club with Ryan Gosling once upon a time. So who knows.

But in summation, your movie would have been a roaring success if Jon Hamm and Brett Zimmerman had wrestled while wearing jockstraps. I don't think this is rocket science, dudes. Get with it.
.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You really should submit this to BuzzFeed :)

Unknown said...

You really should submit this to BuzzFeed :)

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great body!