Friday, September 26, 2014

I Am Link

.
--- Miss You Miss Collette - The first image of Drew Barrymore and Toni Collette in Catherine Hardwicke's Miss You Already (which I previously went on about the casting of Dominic Cooper in right here) isn't exactly the quickest way to my heart - it makes the film look like some mid-2000s forgotten rom-com about gal pals and their sassy problems, and hell, maybe that's what the movie will be. But I will see it because Toni Collette is forever.

--- Ding Dong The Man is Dead - Slash followed up with the screenwriter who was tackling the Y: The Last Man adaptation on a tweet he sent out this week calling the project dead, and sure enough, it's dead. The rights have reverted to Brian K. Vaughn and there they sit until who knows what. Well at least we never had the indignity of Shia playing my beloved Yorick.

--- Pressing Vice - In today's edition of "setting this aside to read at lunchtime" here's a nice big chat with Paul Thomas Anderson in The New York Times (thanks Mac), talking about his Pynchon adaptation Inherent Vice, which is screening at The New York Film Fest next week. Can't wait!

--- Have Pride - I wish I had gone to see one of the thousand press screenings of Pride I was invited to, it sounds like fun in a very specific throwback to "90s import comedy" way, and I know there's no way I'll ever get my boyfriend to go see it (not his cuppa) - for one of the opinions that got me jazzed about the film, here read what Nathaniel said at The Film Experience.

--- New Detectives - I haven't checked today, maybe they have officially announced it by now, but apparently Rachel McAdams and Taylor Kitsch are any-second-official as the other pair of cops in the second season of True Detective, who'll be joining Colin Farrell (hooray) and Vince Vaughn (boo). Vaughn is playing a criminal who is involved in the big investigation, so I guess he'll be channeling his prissy walk in Psycho, or whatever. I did like him circa the Psycho remake, maybe we can go back in time... (doubt it). As for McAdams, sure why not.

--- Rogue Cut - Some more details on the extended cut of X-Men:Days of Future Fourgy have dropped, read about it at The Playlist - I guess it's ten more minutes of footage, and it'll have a bunch of Anna Paquin as Rogue, who was all-but-cut from the original version. And here I was hoping it would be ten more minutes of Hugh Jackman walking around that room naked, silly me.

--- Peculiar Boy - I'm only surprised it's taken Tim Burton this long to get hold of giant-eyed pale boy Asa Butterfield for a movie - the Hugo star will play the lead role in Burton's next movie, an adaptation of the book Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, which already has cast our beloved Eva Green as the titular Miss Peregrine.

--- Civil Lady - I very much enjoyed the "Michael Fassbender's giant (not-that-one) head" movie Frank (here's that review) so I am looking forward to what director Lenny Abrahamson comes up with next and hey, look, news - he's going to make a movie out of Laird Hunt's new book Neverhome, which is about a Civil War-era farmer's wife who leaves her husband and transforms herself into a Union soldier. Anybody read it? It sounds like a super-role for the right actress.

--- Life After Enemy - We just told you about The 9th Life of Louis Drax earlier this week when Jamie Dornan and Aaron Paul were cast - Alexandre Aja is directing the script which is from actor Max Minghella. Anyway a new face has joined the cast, one we like quite a bit - Sarah Gadon, Cronenberg muse slash pregnant lady opposite Jake Gyllenhaal in Enemy. She's great.

--- And finally, have you seen these IBM commercials starring Dominic Cooper? (again thanks Mac) I think you'll forgive me for thinking the dirtiest thoughts regarding computer technology while watching them since that scene in Halt and Catch Fire where Lee Pace randomly mounted that dude, but come on, look at the way those chefs are about to ravage him.


No comments: