Thursday, August 21, 2014

I Am Link

.
--- Burn Me Up - As I continue to find the sight of Daniel Radcliffe, a hint of chest fur, and gigantic devil's horns quite the something-or-other, I continue to link when we get new pictures from Horns, his upcoming horror-flick from director Alexandre Aja from Joe Hill's pretty good book of the same name. I didn't realize this movie's out on Halloween - now that Nightcrawler's moved to that date too I'm now expecting quite the ghoulishly sexy weekend.

--- After Enough - Has anybody read The Land of Steady Habits by Ted Thompson? I hadn't heard of it until news just broke that the wonderful Nicole Holofcener is making it her next movie, following up last year's marvelous Enough Said, but it sounds interesting in that it's a little bit of a departure for her - it's about a man, namely. Oh sure she always gives men plenty of stuff to do in her films, but they're usually focused on the females. It sounds like a great role for an actor in his Sixties though.

--- All About The Girl - The presence of Winona Ryder is enough to flatten out a lot of wrinkles for me, I love her so, so the news that she's joined the cast of a new HBO miniseries from the creator of The Wire is almost getting me over the fact that the main star of the series will be Oscar Isaac, who save a surprisingly meaty rump does very little for me on-screen. Another notch in the "NO!" column is the presence of The Walking Dead's Jon Bernthal, who was astonishingly, unwatchably bad on that show and his continued employment perplexes me to no end. That accent he's butchering in the trailer for Fury! God he's just awful!

--- Strange Fellow - It's been several months since I saw Ira Sachs' film Love is Strange at the Tribeca Film Festival and yet as I read this interview with him - the movie's coming out tomorrow in limited release, and you need to see it as soon as you can! - I still managed to burst into spontaneous tears,just from reading his words about the movie. It's so so so good, you guys.

--- Beyond The Belle - I only saw Gone With the Wind for the first time a few years ago and I liked it much more than my Yankee ass ever thought I would but not quite enough to sit through it again in order to participate in The Film Experience's "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" series, where Nat's splitting the film up over two weeks and choosing the best frames from it. But reading about it is fun!

--- Super Men - In case you want a couple more shots of Henry Cavill strolling around in his Supes costume on the set of the new movie - I posted one here yesterday - The Daily Mail has got them. He looks great but of course he does, ya know? Oh and if you want to see director Zack Snyder do the wet t-shirt contest charity game that's been making the rounds, here's that. His an eensy little bundle of muscles, that one. But why hasn't Henry Cavill done this yet? While wearing white briefs? I demand it.

1 comment:

AG said...

That's Zack Snyder? O_O

He looks attractive but I don't want to be attracted to him...anyone know what I mean? o_O :)