Wednesday, July 23, 2014

This Is My Sophie's Choice

.
Egads it's another painful instance of how living in New York can sometimes present me with terrible choices between incredibly awesome things. The night of August 1st shall tear me in twain! I've already got tickets to see the Talking Heads doc Stop Making Sense at the Film Society of Lincoln Center with living genius David Byrne attending for a Q&A. David Byrne! David fucking Byrne!

But just now I've spotted that the Anthology Film Archives is doing a Klaus Kinski retrospective from July 31st to August 10th and the night of August 1st they are showing the awesome WTF-ery of Crawlspace, and the director David Schmoeller will be there! CRAWLSPACE, you guys. Let me refresh your memory - Crawlspace, the movie where Klaus Kinski wears Cosby sweaters as an exiled Nazi who kills people by shooting arrows up their butts. Crawlspace, the movie with Tané. Tané!!!

Style Maven, Songstress, Icon. What if Tané shows up too??? What if I could get a picture of myself with Tané, and I miss that opportunity? What if I could sing a duet of her breakaway pop hit* called "Just Tonight" with her in person? WHAT IF THAT???? (*not a breakaway pop hit)


1 comment:

Selenne Dionne said...

Love the Streisand album cover on the wall