Friday, April 18, 2014

Everybody Catch The Groff Cough

.
I don't know about you guys but I could watch Jonathan Groff cough while wearing a little red speedo thing all day long!

Oh wait, it's AIDS isn't it? The cough is AIDS? 
Daaaaaaaamnnnn.

Yeah so there's a new trailer out for Ryan Murphy's adaptation of Larry Kramer's play The Normal Heart, which is airing on HBO in a few weeks, and... well... hey look Matthew Bomer and Mark Ruffalo are kissing and they're in front of bookshelves!

That checks off like... four... of my favorite things? Right, four. Alright so that coughing scene as glimpsed in the trailer is crazy cheesy and this is the first time I'm being forced to think, "Oh right Ryan Murphy made this, I should probably be worried about whether it's actually any good and not just if there are red speedos and kissing and junk." I mean Taylor Kitsch is also kissing here, but I suddenly just don't know about the lip pursing..
.
I feel all like Meryl in Death Becomes Her suddenly - "NOW a warning?" Like only now do I think, and worry. Oh well. Watch the trailer here:
.
.
And after the jump a few more screencaps...









7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, a movie about AIDS with one Gay actor. Hollywood you're killing us.

The Bloody Munchkin said...

Not that it matters, but there's two right? Both Groff and Parsons are out. Not that it evens the playing field in the movie and not that representation doesn't matter, it does, but I feel at least this movie tried....

Jason Adams said...

Three - let's not forget Matty Bomer!

The Bloody Munchkin said...

I was just coming back to say that. Three. *In best The Count voice* Ah Ah Ah. That makes three.

Pannyxeos said...

Denis O'Hare is in the movie too right? Wouldn't that make four? Ah ah ah ah.

Anonymous said...

And if we're counting gay actors who aren't out, we can add Taylor Kitsch to the mix, too.

Anonymous said...

The director is gay, which should also count.