Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Errol In Tights

.

I edited the full picture, which you can see over at AICN, to focus in on the important part, aka Errol Flynn and Patric Knowles in their splendid costumes on the set of 1938's The Adventures of Robin Hood. You know, I've never seen this movie. Fixing that with much haste, I am. Ugh why isn't this on Netflix's Watch Instantly? They really gotta step up their game. I want everything up to and including Errol Flynn's betighted package now now now, people!
.

6 comments:

Taffy said...

God, I love Errol Flynn! Have you seen "Captain Blood"? That is one sexy, sexy movie and bonus: Basil Rathbone in over the knee leather boots!

Ms Scrappy said...

The 1938 Robin Hood is a really, really great movie. The pace never lets up, stunts galore, and Robin smacks a guardsmen in the face with a dead deer on his shoulders. Check out Captain Blood too there's sexy galloping all through that one. And a great sword fight on the beach with Basil Rathbone.

Mark said...

The standard by which all adventure movies should be judged and very few have approached or eclipsed in 72 years. TCM showed it a couple of weeks ago and that was a lovely Sunday afternoon. Just the "look, kids, we're in COLOR now!" of it all is amazing. It's the first movie I ever owned on VHS (Thanks, Grandma), so that may be part of my affection. It did put me off mutton for life, though, so know that going in if you're a mutton fan.

Jason Adams said...

You guys are awesome. Just so you know I have both Robin Hood and Captain Blood waiting for me at home tonight and I am totally psyched.

theduckthief said...

There's a deleted ending with Robin and Marian that you may want to check out after having seen the movie. I assume you'll be posting about the film here after having seen it?

Anonymous said...

Patric and Errol are such a cute
couple in their tights. How about
a remake where they are lovers ?